Ronnnie Ray-Gun sells weapons to Iran to support a brutal overthrow of Nicaragua and what happens? He plays the “I can’t remember because I’m a senile old man” card, and is viewed as one of our greatest presidents. President Obama oversees one of the biggest peace accords in the last 40 years, and catches nothing but shade over it. There is something very wrong with this picture folks. It’s nice to see that while Obama is in his “I don’t give a fuck stage,” he’s actually using that attitude to achieve worth while change for the better. He’s probably the first two term president since FDR to behave in this manner.
Think about it: what other president has entered their last two years (The I don’t give a fuck phase) and actually worked hard to do good things? Clinton? Nope, he left still mired scandal. Reagan? Hell no, he left in scandal as well. Nixon? Fuck no. He spent spent the best part of his second term drunk, leaving Kissinger and Al Haig to run the country. That is of course, until he resigned, leaving amidst the mother of all White House scandals. Eisenhower? No, hell no. He left wishing he had nuked half of the planet. So, that brings us to FDR, who I think may have been in his “I don’t give a fuck phase,” from the first day he was sworn in, until the day he died in office. Being president during a depression and world war can do that to a person.
This appears to be the Barack Obama that we had hoped for when he was first elected in 2008. A president who actually goes against the grain, and works to make not only this country better, but the world as well. Sure he has his fair share of warts and monumental fuck ups, like the Wall Street bail out, or the drone wars abroad and domestic, but I like what he’s doing. Keep it up!
By the way, if you want to see the in depth list of what Obama has accomplished since he was elected president, head over to The Fifth Column. It’s a great post breaking down all of his achievements.
Or doofus hipster? Either way, we know what your tax plan is. You’re going to raise taxes on the middle class, and cut taxes for yourselves and all of your rich cronies. It’s the same tax plan that Reagan and the two Bushes used, and it doesn’t work (except for all the rich folk).
Sorry junior; you and Daddy Warbucks are not a good fit for this country!
So far, I’ve had 169 hits on my blog today, all generated by that search engine question. Our Vice President is Joe Biden. You may have heard of him. He’s the old white guy who stands next to Obama and smiles a lot. He’s been in the political arena for decades, and built his reputation as a feisty political bulldog for his skewering of Reagan Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork, back in the 80’s. He’s debating Paul Ryan tonight, and I hope he delivers the same verbal spanking that he delivered to Bork. You might want to watch it.
Does Republican rhetoric get under your skin the way it does mine? Of course it does! Thanks to Stephen D. Foster Jr. over at Addicting Info, we now have 100 talking points that are sure to irritate just about any conservative hate monger!
Without further adieu I share with you
100 Things You Can Say To Irritate A Republican.
Stephen D. Foster Jr.
1. A Socialist wrote the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Jesus healed the sick and helped the poor, for free.
3. Joseph McCarthy was an un-American, witch hunting sissy.
4. Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee were traitors.
5. The South lost the Civil War, get over it.
6. The Founding Fathers were liberals.
7. Fascism is a right-wing trait.
8. Sarah Palin is an idiot.
9. The Earth is round.
10. Reagan raised taxes eleven times as President.
11. Reagan legalized abortion as Governor of California.
12. Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency.
13. Ronald Reagan supported gun control.
14. Global warming is real.
15. Republicans hate illegal immigrants, unless they need their lawns mowed or their houses cleaned.16. The military is a government-run institution, so why do Republicans approve the defense budget?
17. The Cold War is over and the Soviet Union no longer exists.
18. Paying taxes is patriotic.
19. Republicans: Peddling the same failed economic policies since 1880.
20. The Republican Party began as a liberal party.
21. The Presidents’ full name is Barack Hussein Obama and he was born in the United States of America.
22. George W. Bush held hands with the King of Saudi Arabia.
23. President Obama saved the American auto industry, while Republicans wanted to destroy it.
24. Hate is not a Christian virtue.
25. Jesus was a liberal.
26. Republicans spend MORE money than Democrats.
27. Tea parties are for little girls.
28. Public schools educate all children; private schools are for indoctrinating children.
29. The Constitution is the law, NOT the Bible.
30. Sharia law doesn’t exist in America.
31. The President is NOT a Muslim.
32. Corporations are NOT people. People are people.
33. Fox News isn’t real news, it’s just a racist, sexist, hateful, right-wing propaganda machine.
34. The Federal Reserve was a Republican idea.
35. Women are equal citizens who deserve equal rights.
36. Women control their own bodies.
37. Abortion is a relevant medical procedure, just ask Rick Santorum.
38. Please use spell-check.
39. It’s “pundit”, not “pundint”.
40. Social Security is solvent through 2038.
41. Health care is a right, not a product.
42. Roe v. Wade was a bipartisan ruling made by a conservative leaning Supreme Court.
43. G.O.P also stands for Gross Old Perverts.
44. The donkey shouldn’t be the Democratic mascot because Republicans are the real jackasses.
45. Barack Obama ordered the killing of Osama Bin Laden. It took him two and half years to do what Bush couldn’t do in eight.
46. Waterboarding IS torture.
47. 9/11 happened on George W. Bush’s watch, therefore he did NOT keep America safe.
48. Republicans invaded Iraq for oil, so Iraq should be allowed to invade Texas to get it back.
49. Separation of church and state is in the Constitution, it’s called the First Amendment.
50. Muslims are protected by the Constitution, just as much as Christians.
51. Barack Obama is the first African-American President, get over it.
52. The Oval Office is NOT a “whites only” office.
53. America is a nation of immigrants, therefore we are all anchor babies.
54. The white race isn’t disappearing, it’s evolving.
55. God is a particle.
56. Evolution is real.
57. The Earth is 4.54 billion years old, not 6,000.
58. The Founding Fathers did not free the slaves.
59. The Revolution was NOT fought over slavery.
60. Paul Revere warned the Americans, NOT the British.
61. Federal law trumps state law.
62. The Civil War was about slavery, NOT state’s rights.
63. Corporations care more about profits than they do about people.
64. Getting out of a recession requires government spending.
65. Glenn Beck is a nut-job.
66. Republicans: Paranoid since 1932.
67. Republicans don’t want to pay for your birth control, but they want you to pay for their Viagra.
68. Republicans actually NEED Viagra.
69. Fox News is owned by an Australian and has a Saudi prince as an investor.
70. Republicans complain about immigrants taking American jobs, then freely give American jobs to foreigners overseas.
71. Republicans hate communism, so why do they refer to themselves as red states?
72. Labor unions built this country.
73. Republicans hold America hostage as a political strategy; the temper tantrum throwing kind of political strategy.
74. Jesus was a Jew, not a Christian.
75. When Republicans see black, they attack.
76. Inside every Republican is a Klansman or a Nazi waiting to bloom.
77. Republicans only care about children BEFORE they are born.
78. Republicans are hypocrites, they’re just too stupid to know it.
79. The Christian-Right boycotts movies that have violence, and then promotes guns and insurrection.
80. I think therefore I am NOT a Republican.
81. Republicans that oppose gay marriage are most likely in the closet themselves.
82. Churches should stay out of politics, or be taxed.
83. People are too poor to vote Republican.
84. Democrats think for themselves, Republicans form think tanks to do it for them.
85. Republicans hate education because they couldn’t hack it in school.
86. Greed is one of the seven deadly sins and Republicans wallow in it.
87. A little socialism on the Left is better than a little fascism on the Right.
88. The current corporate tax rate is the lowest in 60 years, so stop whining about it being too high.
89. Republicans: Anti-Gay Marriage, Pro-Lesbian sex.
90. Republicans: Terrorizing the American people since 1981.
91. Republicans have their own terrorists, just look up Timothy McVeigh.
92. Republicans love outsourcing, just ask the Chinese Communists.
93. The Republican answer to the oil spill was to apologize to BP, a foreign oil company.
94. Democrats will be working hard to bring jobs to Americans, while the Republicans tea bag each other in the middle of the aisles.
95. Voter disenfranchisement is immoral and un-American, that’s why Republicans do it.
96. Republicans would let your house burn down unless you pay them to put it out.
97. Democrats want to take care of the sick. Republicans take their credit cards and then deny them medical attention.
98. Republicans say teachers are union thugs, then proceed to rape and mug the entire middle class on behalf of corporations.
99. Republicans think rape isn’t a crime, but miscarriages are.
100. Republicans are idiots and arguing with them is a waste of time!
- What is a Republican? (thesexypolitico.wordpress.com)
- Courtesy of Addicting Info (billydelawder.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Believe the Republican Hype (revolutioninmedia.wordpress.com)
- The Corporate Feast: When you’re feeling pissed on, they’d like you thinking it’s really money raining down. (apocalypseknow.wordpress.com)
The White House has finally given the birther movement the finger, by making public Obama’s Certificate of Live Birth. I’m going to give these right wing whack jobs an even better conspiracy theory to chew on: The Republican Party is in cahoots with Al-Qaida and the Taliban.
Outrageous? Think about it: Back in the 80’s Ronald Reagan supplied the Taliban with money,arms,and advisers to fight off the evil Russians in Afghanistan. One of the participants in that war was Osama Bin Laden. We trained him for christ’s sake. Who’s to say the party of Reagan hasn’t maintained that alliance over the past three decades?
The motivation for that alliance is simple; to create an atmosphere of terror in America, in order for the government to systematically strip its citizens of their liberties, and create the closed society that every wealthy uber right wing nut job dreams of.
Crazy? Yeah, it is. I pulled that out of my ass (or did I?), just like every dip shit Tea Bagging putz who claims our President isn’t an American citizen. To all you birthers: tuck your tails between your legs, and console yourselves with a warm cup of shut the fuck up. Leave the conspiracy theories to the professionals who have better imaginations than your dumb, narrow minded asses.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- ‘Birthers’ won’t budge ()
- Releasing birth certificate is a good move (dailykos.com)
- My Very Own Conspiracy Theory Concerning, Dreams From My Father (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Bye Bye “Birthers”? (madcityconservative.wordpress.com)
- The Other Birthers (slog.thestranger.com)
- Move Over Birthers, Here Come the ‘Schoolers’ (newser.com)
- Conversation with a birther, why they’re not going away (americablog.com)
A new poll shows that independent voters prefer Charlie Sheen to Sarah Palin for president of the United States. That might sound like an absurd matchup, but what if it actually happened? Meghan McCain on the historical campaign that could be.
The setting is the 2012 presidential debates. Following one of the biggest upsets in American political history, actor Charlie Sheen has secured the Democratic nomination for president over Barack Obama. His sold-out “Violent Torpedo of Truth” tour played to full houses in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina—and he swept all those caucuses and primaries. The pundits call his campaign platform (WINNING!) a stroke of political genius.
On the flip side, after a long and brutal primary season, Sarah Palin narrowly beat out reality-TV star Donald Trump for the Republican nomination. In a surprising act of grace, she offered Trump the job of her running mate. If elected, in addition to governing the country, the duo will also appear on a crossover edition of The Apprentice: Alaska. The following scene is the opening debates between the two candidates with MSNBC host Rachel Maddow moderating:
Rachel Maddow: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our two candidates to the stage. Both of you are known for quitting your jobs abruptly. Why should the American people trust you with the presidency?
Sarah Palin: Good evening, Rachel. I did not quit being governor, but decided to leave given that I did not want to be a lame duck. I instead went on to make a large amount of money touring the country and giving speeches, and of course starring in my hit TV show Sarah Palin’s Alaska. All of this really served my country in a different way, so in essence I wasn’t quitting. I was doing my part to make America better.
Charlie Sheen: I didn’t quit anything, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I elected to win. And if elected president that is what I will continue to do. Winning is my life, Rachel. WINNING! WINNING! [He takes a drag from his cigarette and winks at Maddow in a suggestive way.]
If elected president, Charlie Sheen would throw hot tub parties for all the world’s leaders.
Rachel: Very… um… interesting answers. Let’s move on. How do you both feel concerning gay marriage and gay rights? It’s a polarizing issue in America, even with the end of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.
Charlie: Rachel, Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell has always been one of my favorite mottos.
Sarah: I do not agree with my opponent on this issue. I think marriage is between a man and a woman. And if two men lived with each other and had a child—
Charlie: It would be just like my hit TV series. I got so much cash from that show, it funded my entire campaign and I’m giving tax cuts to everyone. But back to your question, Rachel, as many of you remember, I shared a passionate kiss with Jimmy Kimmel. What soft lips! They almost reminded me of my 278th girlfriend—back in junior high school. In conclusion, I support gay marriage and wouldn’t be closed off to considering it in my own life at some point in the future. Gay marriage is winning.
Rachel: Who would both of you consider your personal political heroes?
Charlie: Winning. Hugh Hefner. My father Martin Sheen when he played President Bartlet, which is almost as good as being the real president. And obviously my goddesses.
Sarah: My personal heroes are Jesus Christ, Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan, and Abraham Lincoln.
Rachel: Sarah, this question is for you. How do you respond to critics who say you are too polarizing for the Republican Party and you could possibly be forfeiting the presidency to actor Charlie Sheen? Political blogger and your former running mate’s daughter Meghan McCain has been one of your most vocal critics.
Sarah: Meghan McCain is nothing more than an irrelevant RINO blogger, everybody knows that.
Charlie: [Takes a long drag from his cigarette.] I invited Meghan on my private campaign bus but she wouldn’t come. Do you think Bristol would be down to hang?
Sarah: Not unless you want to deal with this hockey mom.
Rachel: OK let’s focus. Back to the real issues. What will you both do to combat the growing threat of terrorism?
Charlie: 9/11 was a conspiracy. Everyone knows that. What a dumb question, Rachel. I made a video about it. When elected president I will continue to expose this truth! Winning is exposing the 9/11 conspiracy theory!
Rachel: Well, I guess we are changing subjects yet again. Now for a viewer’s question. This one comes from Los Angeles. “What the hell is tiger’s blood? And is it better than moose chili?”
Charlie: If elected, I will pump this economy so full of tiger’s blood, we’ll all be the eye of the tiger! This is what America needs to boost the economy.
Sarah: I’m proud to say that in Alaska, we don’t consume warlock drinks.
Charlie: She’s no goddess.
Rachel: What do you love most about America?
Charlie: Everything but Chuck Lorre.
Sarah: Freedom and Ronald Reagan and freedom.
Rachel: Unfortunately, it seems that time is up. You each have one last closing statement to make.
Charlie: Dear America, in the last two years, I’ve taken over the world. So you might as well give me the White House so that I could throw hot tub parties for all the world leaders. I will also restore America’s economy, get us out Afghanistan with an effective exit strategy all the while restoring peace in the Middle East and bring the same kind of happiness in your lives that you experienced while watching Two and a Half Men. There really isn’t any other logical choice. Winning America. Winning.
Sarah: As I have stated, in the last election things would have turned out much differently had I been on the top of the ticket instead of Senator McCain. I would have won the last election if I were the nominee and I am going to win in this one. Not only am I the only logical choice, but I am the only real God-fearing, gun-loving American standing on this stage. Finally, keep in mind, I’m not just the Republican nominee for president, but also a reality-TV star, and in America you aren’t anyone until you have your own show from Mark Burnett. God bless America.
Rachel: And with that, one of these two people will become your next president. It’s up to you to decide. And honey, if you’re watching at home—I hope you have the bags packed, because we’re moving to Canada.
Meghan McCain is a columnist for The Daily Beast. Originally from Phoenix, she graduated from Columbia University in 2007. She is a New York Times bestselling children’s author, previously wrote for Newsweek magazine, and created the Web site mccainblogette.com. Her most recent book, Dirty Sexy Politics, was published in August.
- Decision 2012: Charlie Sheen vs. Sarah Palin (thedailybeast.com)
- “Independents Think Charlie Sheen Would Be a Better President Than Sarah Palin” and related posts (blogs.villagevoice.com)
- POLL: Charlie Sheen “Winning” head to head against Palin, Obama (ironmill.wordpress.com)
- 2012 Horror: Charlie Sheen ‘Winning’ Against Sarah Palin Among Independents In Presidential Poll (mediaite.com)
I got this from Moe at Whatever Works. The table was first published from the Facebook group The Christian Left. Social programs are at risk in order to continue the egregious tax breaks for the mega-wealthy.
But the top ten percent needs these tax breaks and incentives, right? After all won’t they outsource their work to other countries where labor is cheaper, if we did happen to change the tax laws to bring balance to our tax system? Let me say this; trickle down economics does not work. There are 49 million poor in this country who would agree with me. Companies who are determined to send their jobs overseas to cut costs are going to do so no matter what. By issuing further tax cuts to the top income brackets, Reagan plunged this country into debt and for the first time ever, made us a debtor nation. The continuation of said tax breaks has worsened that situation. Large scale corporations aren’t creating jobs with their enormous tax cuts. They’re still outsourcing and pocketing the difference, who in their right mind wouldn’t?
If we’re going to bring economic balance to this country we need to start at the top. Otherwise the deficit will only grow worse, and the poor and middle class who are currently under economic attack are going to step up the process of fighting back. The war of words and actions has already begun across the country. It’s time for those in charge to recognize the fact that we’re tired of getting trampled upon, for the sake of propping up the ten percent who control ninety percent of the wealth in this country.
- Ronald Reagan’s Real Legacy: Death, Heartache, and Silence Over AIDS (pinkbananaworld.com)
- What more proof do the people of the USA need to know that the trickle-down economics for the rich don’t work for the majority? (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Rachel Maddow Takes Stephen Moore to Task Over His Praise of Reagan’s Tax Policies (crooksandliars.com)
- Scott Walker: Our Own Homegrown Gadhafi (theraleighdwilawyer.wordpress.com)
- Letter: The ‘trickle-down’ scam (commercialappeal.com)
- Look out for more Republican Historical revision as February 6, what would have been Reagan’s centennial birthday approaches (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Ronald Reagan at 100: man and myth | Stewart J Lawrence (guardian.co.uk)