I came across this little gem from Anarchist Memes:
It’s funny, but it’s not funny. You know what I’m saying? I laughed because it’s clever, but yet I was very disturbed because it’s still all too true. The fact of the matter is that if you are a person of color, you’re more likely to be harassed, beaten, shot, arrested, incarcerated, etc, for the simple fact that you are not white. Don’t believe me? Google “Racial Profiling” and see what you come up with. Better yet, try Googling “Cops beating African Americans” or “Cops beating Latinos”. It’s a disgusting potpourri of articles detailing beat downs and killings of minorities, perpetrated by the very people who are paid to protect and serve. When you couple this with the fact that the GOP has declared war on everyone but rich white males, it’s no wonder that civil unrest is still roiling just beneath the surface of our society, spewing forth with the eternal consistency of Old Faithful.
- East Haven Police Officers Convicted (foxct.com)
- Fort Lauderdale Cops Using Bike Registration Law to Racially Profile Blacks, Public Defender Says (blogs.browardpalmbeach.com)
- Stop and Frisk Rap Video Sends Powerful Message About NYPD And Racial Profiling (scooprocket.com)
- bad cops (thejohnsmithblog.wordpress.com)
- Another Day, Another Mistake (introtojournalism13.wordpress.com)
- How I Called the Cops and Almost Got Shot: the Politics of Being a “Threat” (occupyusatoday.com)
- Cops Are Beating Up an Unarmed Suspect Almost Every Day in Houston (alternet.org)
- Footage of racist Philly cops goes viral (salon.com)
The world might be an infinitely better place if these had made the top ten🙂 A tip of the tin foil hat to The Other 98%
There once was a man named Santorum.
Lunacy was his public forum.
His world is quite right,
Cuz he’s rich and he’s white.
As long as gays don’t disturb his decorum!
- Santorum Opposes Early Childhood Education: Government Wants To ‘Indoctrinate’ Children ‘From The Womb’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Iowa Straw Poll Santorum Offers To Bring The Jelly (pinkbananaworld.com)
- The “Frothy Mix” Definition Of Santorum Also Applies To Rick’s Entire Family Line (queerty.com)
- Rick Santorum 2012: Former Senator Looks To Channel Conservative Fire For White House Race (huffingtonpost.com)
Yup,that about sums it up.
- Ditching Google For Bing Isn’t Going To Help Rick Santorum (queerty.com)
- Headline of the Day, Now With Santorum! (slog.thestranger.com)
- Rick Santorum’s Google Bomb Still Haunts Him (blippitt.com)