No one is coming to take your guns – please, shut the fuck up.
You don’t need an assault gun with a grenade launcher to hunt deer or protect your home – please, shut the fuck up.
The Muslims and atheists are not coming to blow up your churches or rob you of your religion- please, shut the fuck up.
Gays and lesbians getting married do not rob you of your rights, nor do they violate the sanctity of marriage- please, pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top, shut the fuck up.
Obama is not a socialist, nor is he coming to take your big screen TV to give to a poor person. Corporate profits have soared under Obama- please, shut the fuck up.
Climate change is real, and this planet is in grave danger of dying – please, shut the fuck up: your blustering over cyclical temps is greatly contributing to our carbon foot print.
Obama is not out to steal your liberties: He’s too busy killing innocent people of color in third world countries with his killer robot planes – please, shut the fuck up.
Reagan and Bush spent way more, and contributed more to the deficit than Obama – please, shut the fuck up.
Supply side economics doesn’t work – please, shut the fuck up.
Women deserve to have control over their own bodies – please, take your patriarchal, misogynistic views, and shut that whole fucking thing down.
Getting more people to work is more important than austerity: More workers equals more taxpayers and consumers, which equals more revenue – Mitch please, shut the fuck up.
God is indeed in our schools: if a student so desires to bring god with him or her to school, she or he has every right to do so – can I get a please shut the fuck up?
Most people don’t want “gifts” from our government. What they want is a chance for a good education, a good job, and a good life – please, help yourself to a Mitt Romney sized cup of shut the fuck up.
Liberals are not some communist horde looking to tear down America. We simply want to level the playing field in order to make sure that everyone has a chance to work hard, and build America up – please, right wing pundits, shut the fuck up.
If I left any wing nuts out, don’t worry I’ll get to you – in the mean time have a seat in yonder corner, and SHUT THE FUCK UP!
- Right Now Lyrics By Korn (lyricsjunction.wordpress.com)
- Portable (zozomacallister.wordpress.com)
- What We Have Done (angelschoice.wordpress.com)
- Random Thoughts – Perspective AKA I Might Not Really F*ck With You (breonajai.wordpress.com)
- Mothers who say F**ck (noplaceforsheep.com)
Actually, there are a few issues in which me and Ron Paul see eye to eye, such as his stance on education, drug legalization, and staying the hell out of another country’s business. This quote attributed to Paul fits my view on education perfectly. The corporate world doesn’t want critical thinkers; it would much rather have a nation of worker bees, who happily punch a time clock in order to feed the already morbidly obese corporate beast.
A toast from a New York banker in 1895: “I give you gentlemen, the Supreme Court of the United States-guardian of the dollar, defender of private property, enemy of spoliation, sheet anchor of the Republic.”
In light of the corporate favoritism the Supreme Court is showing 117 years later, does anyone in their right mind think anything as has changed? No? Yeah, me neither.
A tip of the tinfoil hat to Howard Zinn, A People’s History of The United States.
Posted from my CrapBerry
- Scalia Rewrites History of Bush v. Gore Decision – and Scalia is one of those who has violated his oath of office! ~J (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Supreme Court. Is it really supreme, or just a bully. (somatist.wordpress.com)
- The Supreme Court has been Wrong before! (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- “I don’t think anything can prepare you to hear your own name referenced by a Supreme Court justice as if you are just a policy on paper.” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Full Text of Supreme Court Verdict 2 G Scam (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
Those crazy Tea Baggers are at it once again: They are putting pressure on Tennessee state legislators to actually remove all references to slavery in relation to our founding fathers from American History text books.
It’s horrific enough that the oppression of so many is woven into the fabric of our history: to completely white wash their story and only portray American History from the white elitist point of view, only adds insult to the morally reprehensible enslavement of a whole race of people.
I can only say this to Tennessee Tea Baggers. When you push to take any reference to slavery out of the text books, you might want to push to have the Scopes Monkey Trial out as well. You’re less intelligent than the apes you claim not to have evolved from, and the apes have better morals. The history of that trial in your state might portray you in a bad light, so take that out with all the other stuff you want to deny.
Stop fucking with our history!
Posted from my piece of crap Blackberry
- First Tucson, now this: Tennessee Tea Party ‘Demands’ That References To Slavery Be Removed From History Textbooks (classroomconscious.wordpress.com)
- Teabaggers Want To Remove Slavery From School Texbooks (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Tennessee Tea Party Wants To Whitewash History (ken_ashford.typepad.com)
- Tennessee Tea Party Calls Barney Frank ‘Perverted Sodomite POS’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Rep. Steve King Would Repeat Slavery Era, Says There’s Nothing He Would Change About American History (thinkprogress.org)
- Bryan Fischer Claims Tea Party Ended Slavery- 150 Years Later? (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Tea for Lou and Lou for Tea (politics.nashvillepost.com)
In the sleepy, little river side town where I now live, a huge meth problem exists just beneath the surface. Just since the Yule holiday, there have been three meth labs busted within five miles of our home. Of these three labs that were raided, two were burnt to the ground by a vigilante hours after the police left. It would be an understatement to say that there are a lot of nervous, pissed off residents in this area. It’s bad enough that there is a meth problem: The fact that some dumbass is running around burning them down because he thinks he’s some kind of hero-vigilante only makes it worse.
After reading about the fires, I began to think: what would contrasting philosophers Immanuel Kant and Jeremy Bentham have to say about this? What morals and ethics can be applied? Let’s start with Bentham:
Jeremy Bentham was an 19th century British philosopher. His primary claim to fame is his introduction of Utilitarianism, the concept that the ends justify the means, as long as it is good for the majority. In the case of these fires, Bentham might find that the arsonist’s actions are good; there is a serious meth problem in the area, which affects a great number of people. The consequence of setting the lab on fire, regardless of the fact that some people can lose property and life as a result is outweighed by the consequence that even more people may benefit from a meth lab being burned down, eliminating a potential source of debilitating drugs. The fact that the lab was shut down by the cops is of no importance, since another cook or dealer could set up shop there.
Kant on the other hand might state the opposite. Kant, a German Philosopher from the 18th century, held another ideology all together. His view of morality is that the consequences are of no importance, but rather whether or not one feels that an action is good within itself. In his view, in this instance, the question should be asked “Does putting others in danger make for a good moral axiom?”
Kant’s hard universalist ideology seems to sit better with me than Bentham’s consequential utilitarian views. There is a morality involved in most choices that we make, and too many times the potential consequences drive our choices, rather than the consideration of whether or not the choice is morally good or bad.
I hope this nut job is caught soon. He’s putting people in danger, regardless of his intentions. In my moral view, that makes him as bad as the dealers who peddle their poison to this struggling, mostly impoverished area. I think Kant would agree, and Bentham can go pound salt.
Posted from my piece of crap Blackberry
- Three face felony murder and arson charges in Tulsa meth lab fire which killed 15-month-old boy (newsok.com)
- Justice: What’s The Right Thing To Do? Episode 06: “MIND YOUR MOTIVE” (planetizen1network.wordpress.com)
- 3 arrested after 26 meth labs found at house (newsok.com)
- Philosophical Superheroes (alevelreblog.wordpress.com)
- Can forgiveness be obligatory? (philosophyafterdark.wordpress.com)
Check out this video: What would you do in both scenarios?
- Antisocial personality traits predict utilitarian responses to moral dilemmas (medicalxpress.com)
- Would you kill one person to let five live? (theglobeandmail.com)
- Utilitarians Not Just Jerks, They’re Psychos (creativeminorityreport.com)
- Moral dilemma: testing the ‘trolley problem’ (jeremystyron.com)
- Utilitarians aren’t psychopaths – are they? (psychologytoday.com)