Bob Kraft Accuses Vladimir Putin of Stealing His 2005 Super Bowl Ring.
According to Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Vladimir Putin stole his 2005 Super Bowl ring. During a meeting in 2005, Kraft allowed Putin to see and try on the ring. Supposedly, after slipping the ring on his finger, the Russian tough guy uttered “I can kill someone with this ring.” He then put the ring in his pocket, and walked out surrounded by KGB. Afterwards, Kraft received a phone call from George W. Bush urging him to issue a press release that it was a gift to Putin. He was then instructed by Bush to drop the issue.
As most of you may recall, the 2004-2005 season was in the midst of a run of seasons in which the Patriots were found to be taping other teams practices and stealing their signals. In my opinion, Kraft is complaining about the theft of something that was already stolen. Karma really is a bitch Mr. Kraft. By the way, why were you meeting with Mr Putin? Was he giving you tips on how to steal information in a more discreet manner?
- Putin said “I can kill someone with this,” took Kraft’s Super Bowl ring (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin stole my Super Bowl ring (masslive.com)
- Patriots Owner Claims Vladimir Putin Stole His Super Bowl Ring (nypost.com)
- Robert Kraft Claims Russian President Vladimir Putin Stole His Super Bowl Ring (nesn.com)
- New Low for Russia: Vladimir Putin is a Common Thief (dyingrussia.wordpress.com)