Obama and Romney concur on war, assassination and reaction- From World Socialist Website.
Are you still trying to understand why Willard Romney and President Obama seemed to agree on most of the talking points from last night’s foreign policy debate? It’s because they are both cut from the same capitalist cloth that has dominated American Imperialism since our inception as a country. Let’s take a look at where our two corporate parties agree, as discussed in this article from WSWS:
1. It’s perfectly OK to “take out” regime leaders in order to enact a more user friendly regime.
2. Support Israel at all costs in an unprovoked war against Iran.
3. Forcing tens of millions of innocent Iranians to suffer by crippling their economy, which by the way, is an act of war by international standards.
4. Invading Iran is always an option if they don’t bend to our demands.
5. Supporting a bloody, sectarian civil war in Syria in order to enact regime change seems to be a priority.
6. Simultaneously allieing with Al Qaeda and other Islamist Militias in both Syria and Libya, while claiming that they are our biggest threats to national security is not a big deal.
7. Drones are good: There’s nothing wrong with killing civilians in countries such as Pakistan and Yemen, as long as we get the bad guys… right?
The article from WSWS absolutely lambastes both parties for our continued involvement and blatant violation of human rights in foreign countries, and I agree. We continuously point our fingers, when it’s convenient, at others who would commit acts of atrocities, yet our government will commit its own atrocities, and turn a blind eye to its”allies” that do as well. We do this because war is profitable for corporations, pure and simple.
Capitalist imperialism is a bipartisan effort, there’s no debating that.
- fb.me/1frP3l8iF 1 week ago
- RT @scoejarborough: One thing that isn't at all terrifying is that our President is literally a fucking idiot who knows almost zero things… 1 month ago
- RT @ByCommonConsent: He institutes a Muslim ban. He takes Jews out of the Holocaust. He mocks the memory of Frederick Douglass. It's white… 1 month ago
- sfchronicle.com/opinion/reich/… 1 month ago
- RT @angelakaplan7: @Bravotv @StandingRockST #Bravo @Brainman365 @Braves @monsantotribun @whistleblowing @trufersucata @TinFoilHatMan3 @mike… 1 month ago