I Went to a Hockey Game Last Night, And a Race War Broke Out.
You have to hand it to Boston Bruin fans; they take their hockey serious. They take their racism serious as well. Check out this series of tweets posted below. This Twitter Klan rally is all because Washington Capital Joel Ward dared to knock the Bruins out of the playoffs with an overtime goal in game seven of their series. I’m not surprised that blatant racism is alive and well in Boston; Their sports teams were some of the last to integrate; in fact integration in general was fought every step of the way over the last three centuries before and after abolition.
You stay classy Boston.
- My thoughts on the word “Nigger”: (garethbryant.wordpress.com)
- Joel Ward of Washington Capitals faces racist taunts on Twitter after scoring OT goal against Boston Bruins (thestar.com)
- Some racist tweets directed at Washington Capitals Joel Ward after OT winner (vancouversun.com)
- Boston Bruins racist tweets: Bruins fans target Joel Ward after Game 7 (wjla.com)
- Twitter erupts with racism after Capitals beat Bruins (ctv.ca)
- Joel Ward Targeted On Twitter After Game-Winning Goal (sbnation.com)