I Bet Movie Night At Terri Proud’s House Isn’t Much Fun.
Back when I was a freshman in an Ohio catholic high school, part of my young adult christian brain washing was being forced to watch a video of an actual abortion. I remember that me and my class mates were subjected to this horrific film as a part of our health class. The film was very graphic, and many of the students had to leave the room; they were either emotionally overwhelmed, or nauseated from the gore. It was a very traumatic experience for 13 to 14 year old kids to deal with, and furthered my personal disillusionment with the church, and religion in general. Even as a young teen, I could see through the bullshit that is religion.
Now, decades later, Arizona representative Terri Proud (R) wants to force women who want an abortion to watch one of these such videos, before they have the procedure. Apparently to Rep Proud, an abortion isn’t traumatic enough; she wants to carry the anguish even further in an obvious attempt to further her christian agenda.
Terri Proud is part of the ongoing right wing movement to turn this country into a theocracy where everyone’s rights are dictated by the bible. Speaking of the bible, Ms. Proud is also sponsoring a bill in the Arizona legislature mandating the teaching of the bible in public schools.
All I can say about the uber extremist right wing nut jobs in Arizona is this: It’s not the heat, it’s the stupidity.
Posted from my CrapBerry
“Like” Beneath The Tin Foil Hat on Facebook for stuff you won’t see on the blog, or follow me on Twitter: @Tinfoilhatman3
- Proud Says Women Should Witness Abortion (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Is Arizona a Real Place? (On Moronic Legislators and Ignorance of the Law) (feministlawprof.wordpress.com)
- Arizona State Senator Wants To Force Women To Watch Abortions (lezgetreal.com)
- Arizona Legislator Would Like Law Mandating That Any Woman Wanting An Abortion Watch One (alan.com)
- Arizona Republican Thinks Women Should Be Forced to Watch an Abortion Before Getting One (crooksandliars.com)
- Comment of the Day: Alice Gets an Abortion, Coming to a Theater Near You [Reader Roundup] (jezebel.com)