What Everyone Should Know About Trayvon Martin (1995-2012) | ThinkProgress
Let me see if I have the facts right: A 28 year old white man, with a history of violence, and armed with a 9mm handgun, felt threatened for his life by a 17 year old African American boy who was armed to the teeth with iced tea and Skittles. What possible threat could Trayvon Martin, a young man who earned A’s and B’s in high school, and according to one teacher “majored in cheerfulness,” have posed to George Zimmerman? Was Zimmerman afraid young Trayvon would force him to taste the rainbow?
This young man was murdered before his young life ever really got started, and three weeks later, George Zimmerman is still free because he claimed self defense. I call bullshit, and I call racism on not only George Zimmerman, but the police department and prosecuting attorney of Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman belongs behind bars and should be standing trial for his heartless actions. Trayvon Martin deserved better, and George Zimmerman damn well better be brought to justice for robbing Trayvon of his future, and Trayvon’s family of their son.
Oh, and one more thing; if the situation was reversed, you can bet your ass that Trayvon would be under the jail, regardless of the circumstance.
- Trayvon Martin’s crime: Walking while black (brobrubel.wordpress.com)
- Fear and Justice (gabrielconstans.wordpress.com)
- Family of slain boy outraged shooter remains free (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Short commercial break: Trayvon Martin. (spinsterscompass.wordpress.com)
- The Nation Is Watching: the Killer of Trayvon Martin MUST Be Arrested (UPDATE) (theindustrycosign.wordpress.com)