Hit By a Natural Disaster? Don’t Ask Ron Paul For Help.
Ron Paul has some twisted values. During his appearance on CNN’s State of the Union, Paul had this to say when questioned about sending federal aid to the tornado battered south and midwest:
“Federal money is just what they steal from the states and steal from you and me.”
The crazy little man further added:
“The people who live in tornado alley, just as I live in hurricane alley, they should have insurance,”
I wonder if Paul realizes that not everyone has the kind of money that he has to buy decent homeowners or renters insurance? Many of the communities that were devastated by last week’s storms are close to where I live; they are mostly small rural towns, and very financially depressed areas. I seriously doubt that any one of these ravaged towns has the kind of money to just pick themselves up, and dust themselves off.
Furthermore, the states sure as hell don’t have the money to help: Their conservative leaders are busy spending the money on important job creating issues, such as fighting immigration, abortion, and same sex marriage. That leaves these strickened areas to depend upon much needed federal aid, unless your Governor John Kasich. Apparently Ohio has enough money of it’s own, because Kasich turned down federal aid when it was offered.
Politicians like Paul and Kasich are so worried about state’s rights and spending, that they would rather see regions devastated by natural disasters wither and die than accept federal aid. Where’s the logic in that?
One more thing: does anyone find it a little odd that Homeland Security is handling the catastrophes in Indiana? I’m just sayin’
Posted from my piece of crap Blackberry
- Ron Paul Says Tornado Victims Should Fend For Themselves, Ohio Gov. Kasich Forces Them To Do So By Refusing Federal Disaster Aid (chicagoist.com)
- Tornados? Death? Destruction? Who Cares? Kasich Refuses FEMA Funding. (crooksandliars.com)
- Ohio GOP governor turns down federal disaster aid for tornado destruction (americablog.com)
- Is John Kasich a “Manchurian Candidate”? (somersplace.wordpress.com)
- Ohio government in inaction (brobrubel.wordpress.com)
- Kasich Cutting Out FEMA In Order To Score Political Points (lezgetreal.com)
- Ron Paul Says Tornado Victims Who Get Federal Aid Are Stealing From Him (thecrimsoncrow.com)