I Just Met Sam Harris, And I Think I Kind of Like Him.
My newest class on my journey toward a BA in History is Introduction to Ethics. Right out of the gate, my instructor has plunged us into cultural relativism, as well as ethical relativism, which are, if I understand them, theories that deal with morality of different cultures as we now know them. As part of this study, we were required to watch this lecture by noted Athiest and author Sam Harris. I have to admit, this is my first experience with the dude. I can’t say that I quite yet understand everything that he’s talking about, but what I did understand, I agree with. It’s a bit on the long side, but if you can hang in there, it’s worth the watch as well as thought provoking.
- Sam Harris – Lying (thinkthatthrough.wordpress.com)
- Preview: Sam Harris on the free will delusion (newstatesman.com)
- Darwinian Ethics (resnikoff.wordpress.com)
- A “blogment” with an atheist (4simpsons.wordpress.com)
- Out of Nothing: Something! (busybraincells.wordpress.com)