Pick Your Topic Tuesday: Theme Songs For The GOP Candidates.
In keeping with this week’s Conservapalooza theme of trotting out all the lame GOP candidates, this weeks winner of Pick Your Topic Tuesday is A Frank Angle, with his suggested topic of theme songs for said candidates. A fellow Cincinnatian, his blog is a wonderfully eclectic mix of topics, ranging from politics to sports, and everything in between. If you haven’t checked out A Frank Angle yet, please do. I promise from the bottom of my tin foil hat that you won’t be disappointed.
Anyone who is familiar with professional wrestling, or an actual sport such as baseball, knows that many athletes come with their own theme song that suits their personality or style of play. For example, former San Diego Padre and future Hall of Fame pitcher Trevor Hoffman used to enter into the ninth inning to the tune of “Hell’s Bells” by AC/DC. Since there as many GOP candidates in the running for the 2012 presidential elections as there are players on any given sports team, I thought it would be fun to come up with an appropriate theme song for each candidate. What I’m going to do here is list each candidate along with their song, as well as the corresponding video. I even plan on having a few surprise guests! I hope everyone gets as big of a kick out of reading this as I did writing it 😉
Without further adieu, I give you:
Theme Songs For The GOP Candidates.
* Michele Bachmann; Every time she opens her mouth, I could swear she’s high on something. So for her, it’s “Insane in the Membrane” from Cyprus Hill.
* Tim Pawlenty; This guy is as boring as a wood chipper. I do believe his song should be “Enter Sandman” by Metallica.
* Ron Paul; Bat shit crazy deserves bat shit crazy. “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne.
* Rick Santorum; My favorite homophobe deserves something special; how about “Macho Man” from the Village People?
* Mitt Romney; The flip flop master gets “You Know What You Are?” by Nine Inch Nails.
*Newt Gingrich; Scam man gets something obvious: “Money” by Pink Floyd.
* Herman Cain; Herman seems to think everyone is out to get America; so he gets “Paranoid” by Black Sabbath.
* Sarah Palin; Worthless and insane deserves “Lump” by Presidents of The United States of America.
* Rick Perry; The self proclaimed prophet gets ” Drop Kick Me Jesus” by Bobby Bare.
* Jon Huntsman; “Who Are You?” by the Who.
And now for our special guest; Barack Obama! President Obama, you promised us hope and change. What you’ve delivered so far is George W. Bush’s third term. Your theme song is “Terrible Lie” by Nine Inch Nails.
So there you go folks. I hope it was as good for you as it was for me 😉