$3 Trillion Dollars to Kill Osama, And All We Got Was a Lousy Predator Drone!
How much would you spend to kill Osama? According to this article from Yahoo, estimates range from $3 to $6 trillion dollars, or roughly 15 % of our national debt.
While other costly wars have reaped economic benefits and technological advancements for America, the author states that two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was of little to no benefit economically or technologically. However, he points out that we did develop the predator drone, so there is that.
Our “war on terrorism” has managed to cripple our economy, strip us of civil liberties, as well as heighten fear and hatred based on religion and skin color.In addition, thousands have died fighting 2 unjust wars. What do we have to show for it? Nothing really.
Al-Qaida may have created the cracks in the Amrican Empire. However, it was our own government that widened those cracks into monumental fissures. I fear that no amount of cement will ever close them up.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- US Drone Strike Kills 8 in Pakistan, Days After Bin Laden Raid (news.firedoglake.com)
- The Predator drone paradox | Ken Macdonald (guardian.co.uk)
- Why Obama agreed to unleash Predator drones on Qaddafi forces (politicore.wordpress.com)
- Staged Osama Assassination: Get Ready for More War (mountainrepublic.net)
- Breaking News: Osama Bin Laden is Dead (skydancingblog.com)