On the Moral Difficulties of Releasing bin Laden’s Death Photos (via John Wylam’s Blog)
I can always count on John to get to tell it like it is. Great post John!
As a Gemini, it's easy to say I have two opinions: 1) Osama was a piece of shit who deserves to sleep with the fishes, so therefore in the interests of visual closure let the 9/11 images be bookended with that of his one-eyed corpse; and 2) in the Middle East, that image will take on the same significance a portrait of the Prophet would, and more destabilization would be the result. And sure, in the first 24 hours I felt the same release of decad … Read More
- This is outrageous. fb.me/6MLWggTnU 3 weeks ago
- RT @thenoahkinsey: The GOP canceled the healthcare bill before the House voted. Seems fitting, as the only birth control their plan covere… 1 month ago
- fb.me/1frP3l8iF 1 month ago
- RT @scoejarborough: One thing that isn't at all terrifying is that our President is literally a fucking idiot who knows almost zero things… 2 months ago
- RT @ByCommonConsent: He institutes a Muslim ban. He takes Jews out of the Holocaust. He mocks the memory of Frederick Douglass. It's white… 2 months ago