Is Boehner Back Tracking On Big Oil?
Check out this statement from Rueters:
“Congress should consider cutting multibillion-dollar subsidies to oil companies amid rising concern over skyrocketing gas prices, House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Monday”
Did Hell just freeze over? Are there donkeys flying outside my office window? Is a Republican oil lackey daring to bite the hand that feeds?
Don’t get too excited; Boehner tempered his bluster with the usual “I’m going to have to check all the facts” rhetoric, which usually means “I’ll change my mind for the right price.”
Of course, Boehner points the finger at Obama, as well as the oil companies for the high price of gas. In addition, he predicts Obama’s ouster in 2012, if gas climbs to $5 or $6 a gallon.
It seems as if Boehner is trying to take the heat off himself for his incompetence; he’s resorted to pointing more fingers than New Jersey Gov. Chris Christy at a donut shop.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- Obama, Dems press Boehner on ending oil and gas subsidies (dailykos.com)
- Boehner Opens Door to Cutting Big Oil Subsidies, Tax Breaks (foxnews.com)
- Boehner Gives Obama a Gas Tax Break (swampland.time.com)
- Schumer pressures Boehner on oil subsidies (thehill.com)
- Boehner: Oil Companies Share Blame for Gas Prices, Open to Cutting Subsidies (abcnews.go.com)
- “Obama to Congress: Join Boehner And Me In Slashing Oil Subsidies” and related posts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Boehner gas gaffe creates opening (politico.com)