Budget Fight Almost Over?
It looks like the Republicans and Democrats are close to reaching an agreement on the budget,averting a government shutdown. The last sticking point is the massive cuts directed toward Planned Parenhood funding. Hopefully the Democrats will not budge on this, and Planned Parenthood won’t be effected.
Frankly, after watching President Obama hem and haw last night about the ramifications of a government shut down, I thouroghly expected that the Democrats would cave on most of the major sticking points, because, for the most part, that’s what Democrats do. I’m betting they already caved on cuts to PBS, NPR, and EPA.
If this bill goes through with the planned cuts to Planned Parenthood, whatever trust I have left in the Democratic party may go right out the window.
- GOP senator: Republicans should move on from defunding Planned Parenthood (thehill.com)
- With shutdown looming, riders threaten deal (politico.com)
- Bold Prediction: Democrats Will Cave to Republicans, Not Allow a Government Shutdown (agreetodisagree.me)
- Republicans Threatening Shutdown Over Planned Parenthood (huffingtonpost.com)
- Government shutdown: tick tock, tick tock… | Michael Tomasky (guardian.co.uk)
- Hugh Hewitt: The Effort To Defund Planned Parenthood Is A Spending Issue (hughhewitt.com)
- Republicans Threatening Shutdown Over Planned Parenthood (kaystreet.wordpress.com)