Adrian Peterson Compares Playing in NFL to Slavery.
Take a look at this definition of slavery;
slav·er·y (slv-r, slvr)
n. pl. slav·er·ies
1. The state of one bound in servitude as the property of a slaveholder or household.
2. a. The practice of owning slaves.
b. A mode of production in which slaves constitute the principal work force.
3. The condition of being subject or addicted to a specified influence.
4. A condition of hard work and subjection: wage slavery
In a recent interview, all pro running back Adrian Peterson had this to say when asked about the CBA negotiations between the NFL and players union: It’s modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too.
What the hell? Did AP just compare playing in the NFL to slavery? At the very least he compared playing under the past collective bargaining agreement to those who actually work under slave like conditions. Peterson currently makes $2,821,320 per year playing for the Minnesota Vikings. I’m pretty sure that no slave was ever paid that by a plantation master, and I’m pretty sure no Vikings head coach ever whipped Peterson every time he fumbled the ball in his pro career. Give me a fucking break.
I’m sure at some point in his life, AP has endured hardship. We all do. I’m betting he’s been the victim of racism too. Racism is still an ugly truth in our society. However to compare your situation to those who lived that nightmare that was slavery is absurd. You are an over paid, over pampered professional athlete. The owners that pay you are over privileged pompous asses, that were lucky enough to be born with the right genes of entitlement that their fathers left them. I don’t feel sorry for any of you. Both you and the owners have made enough money from the game to finance a small country several times over. Don’t insult our intelligence by stating that your working conditions are akin to slavery. In other words, shut the fuck up.
- Don’t Be Silly Adrian Peterson (arayofsun.wordpress.com)
- Ryan Grant takes issue with Adrian Peterson’s slavery comment (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Adrian Peterson Says NFL Is Like “Modern Day Slavery” (newsone.com)
- Will the Real Adrian Peterson Please Shut Up? (football.rawsignal.com)