I’m not over reacting when it comes to my disgust with Mr. Frothy Mix. Check out these 12 gems from Santorum, courtesy of Think Progress.
1. “In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That’s not to pick on homosexuality. It’s not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be….If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything.” [4/2003]
2. “Is anyone saying same-sex couples can’t love each other? I love my children. I love my friends, my brother. Heck, I even love my mother-in-law. Should we call these relationships marriage, too?” [5/22/2008]
3. On repeal of DADT: “I’m worried when many people will stand up and say, ‘well whatever the Generals want.’ I’m not too sure that we haven’t indoctrinated the Officer Corps in this country that they can actually see straight to make the right decisions.” [2/20/2010]
4. On gay adoption: “A lesbian woman came up to me and said, ‘why are you denying me my right?’ I said, ‘well, because it’s not a right.’ It’s a privilege that society recognizes because society sees intrinsic value to that relationship over any other relationship.” [5/3/2011]
5. On teaching history of gay Americans: “I certainly would not approve of [a bill moving through the California legislature compels the state to add gay history to the state education curriculum], but there’s a logical consequence to the courts injecting themselves in creating rights and people attaching their legislative ideas to those rights that in some respects could logically flow from that. So I’m not surprised.” [5/10/2011]
6. “I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say ‘now we are going to decide who are people and who are not people’.” [1/19/2011]
7. “Marriage is an institution that’s a bridge too far for too many African-American women and is not desirable among African-American males….I think [Obama] has to realize that flying to New York is…self-indulgent. Go down to the corner bar and have a drink, a shot, and a beer.” [6/2/2009]
8. “In far too many families with young children, both parents are working, when, if they really took an honest look at the budget, they might find they don’t both need to….The radical feminists succeeded in undermining the traditional family and convincing women that professional accomplishments are the key to happiness“. ['It Takes A Family,' 7/6/2005]
9. Santorum responded to the Pentagon’s decision rescind its invitation to evangelist Franklin Graham to speak at the upcoming National Day over his statement that Islam is “evil” by saying that Graham’s comment was “a reasonable statement at the time.” [3/23/2010]
10. “I think the Democrats are actually worried [Obama] may go to Indonesia and bow to more Muslims.” [3/23/2010]
11. “The creeping Sharia throughout Europe and here in this country and in Canada. The Islamization of Europe that is already on the way and will visit these shores not too soon is a concern for us and something that we need to identify and we need to talk about and we need to fight with every ounce of our being“. [2/28/2009]
12. “Now we have the Attorney General confirming to Osama bin Laden just bide your time and the effeminate and pampered Americans will cower away.” [2/28/2009]
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- Rick Santorum Knows More About Torture Than John McCain. (tinfoilhatman45.wordpress.com)
- Santorum Throws Frothy Hat In Ring (bilerico.com)
- Rick Santorum Enters Presidential Race (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Santorum Is Running! But, Will He Clean Up? (slog.thestranger.com)
- Rick Santorum makes it official for 2012 Pick Rick? Former… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
This is brilliant! It’s also fucking funny as hell. I’m staying the hell away from the car bomb cupcakes. I would imagine that they’re real gut busters. At least al-Qaida has something to munch on while they’re spanking it to porn
- MI6 Hacked Al Qaeda Website, Swapping Recipes For Bombs With Cupcake Recipes [Terrorism] (gizmodo.com)
- British hackers hit al-Qaida website with cupcakes (windsorstar.com)
- British hackers hit al-Qaida website with cupcakes (theprovince.com)
My favorite political punching bag Rick Santorum is back at it again. His target this time is fellow Republican John McCain.
McCain, who is the top Republican on the Senate Armed Forces Committee, stated last week that “Enhanced Interrogation” techniques (water boarding) of Al Qaeda’s #3 leader did not provide useful information leading to the capture of Osama bin Laden. In fact, he stated that the “enhanced interrogation” of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed ” actually produced false and misleading information.”
In response to McCain’s statements, Santorum declared during a radio interview on Tuesday that “McCain doesn’t understand how enhanced interrogation works.” Wait, what?
If anyone should understand enhanced interrogation techniques (torture) should work, it would be McCain, a former Vietnamese POW for 5 1/2 years!
Once again, Santorum is displaying his vast ignorance on a topic he knows nothing about. To call out John McCain on torture techniques is akin to trying to tell Chef Boy R Dee how to make bad Italian food. In other words, Rick the dick has no fucking idea what he’s talking about. Again.
I think rather than McCain trying to explain what “enhanced interrogation” is, maybe he should demonstrate torture methods on Santorum. Who knows, maybe the former war hero will get the former senator to admit to buggering fellow homophobe Fred Phelps. That should prove just how reliable extracting information by torture really is.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- Two Quotes for the Morning… and the stupidity of Rick Santorum (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Watch: Rick Santorum Says McCain Doesn’t Understand Torture (towleroad.com)
- Rick Santorum Says John McCain Doesn’t Understand Interrogation (alan.com)
- Santorum: McCain Doesn’t Understand Interrogation (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Former Sen. Rick Santorum: Sen. John McCain doesn’t know how effective waterboarding and other harsh interrogation techniques can be. … (usapolitics2012.wordpress.com)
- Sanctum Santorum: Former Senator Says McCain Doesn’t Understand Torture (jonathanturley.org)
Osama Bin Laden Porn Stash? Pornography Discovered At Compound: Report: Now we know how the team of Navy Seals found bin-Laden. All they had to do was follow the “boom, chicka wow wow” sounds of bad porn music coming from his compound. What kind of porn do you think Osama was yee-hading to? I really hope more details come out on this. Clips too. I want clips damn it! I want to know exactly what one of the biggest terrorist masterminds in all of history was stroking his AK-47 to. It’s my duty as a half-assed journalist to gather all the facts, review them several times, and bring you my findings. Mark my words, I will get to the bottom of this. Of course, the bottom is where I like it ;)
By the way, what do you suppose that white stuff in his beard really was? Just sayin.
- Osama bin Laden Had a Porn Stash (blippitt.com)
- Osama’s Porn Stash (webnerhouse.com)
- Osama Bin Laden Porn Addict? (socyberty.com)
- “Extensive” porn stash found inside Osama bin Laden’s compound (content.usatoday.com)
- A Helping Hand: A Large Stash Of Pornography Was Found In Bin Laden’s “Mansion” (bossip.com)
Here’s a funny twist on the bin-Laden killing, in geeky Star Wars fashion :)
Seriously Champion? I suppose it is your right to drop an athlete who doesn’t support your views, but it’s a pretty fucked up ideology if you ask me. It’s my right not to buy your merchandise. It’s also my right to tell you to go fuck yourselves, you fascist pricks.
- Rashard Mendenhall: Steelers RB Loses Endorsement Deal in Wake of Twitter Posts (bleacherreport.com)
- Mendenhall loses pitch deal over tweets (football.rawsignal.com)
- Champion drops Mendenhall because of tweets about bin Laden (tsn.ca)
- Rashard Mendenhall: Pittsburgh Steeler RB’s Twitter Sends People into an Uproar (bleacherreport.com)
How much would you spend to kill Osama? According to this article from Yahoo, estimates range from $3 to $6 trillion dollars, or roughly 15 % of our national debt.
While other costly wars have reaped economic benefits and technological advancements for America, the author states that two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was of little to no benefit economically or technologically. However, he points out that we did develop the predator drone, so there is that.
Our “war on terrorism” has managed to cripple our economy, strip us of civil liberties, as well as heighten fear and hatred based on religion and skin color.In addition, thousands have died fighting 2 unjust wars. What do we have to show for it? Nothing really.
Al-Qaida may have created the cracks in the Amrican Empire. However, it was our own government that widened those cracks into monumental fissures. I fear that no amount of cement will ever close them up.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- US Drone Strike Kills 8 in Pakistan, Days After Bin Laden Raid (news.firedoglake.com)
- The Predator drone paradox | Ken Macdonald (guardian.co.uk)
- Why Obama agreed to unleash Predator drones on Qaddafi forces (politicore.wordpress.com)
- Staged Osama Assassination: Get Ready for More War (mountainrepublic.net)
- Breaking News: Osama Bin Laden is Dead (skydancingblog.com)