The Constitution is indeed under attack from the White House. However, in spite of the rhetoric from the guns nuts, It’s the 5th and 14th amendments we need to worry about, not the 2nd.
The memos regarding the targeting of Americans suspected of being members of Al-Qaida are not only disturbing, they’re down right ass puckering. The White House is insisting that Obama has the right to play judge, jury, and executioner in these cases. Our right to due process is of no consequence. It’s bad enough that we utilize flying killer robots to kill innocents in other countries: now, Obama is insisting that he can turn them on us with absolutely no disclosure of proof, no arrest, no trial, no anything. All it takes is whatever file our crack intelligence agencies happen to lay on Obama’s desk.
The drone program isn’t a war on terror, it’s a war on liberty, it’s a war on human rights. The drone program is the resurgence of Murder Incorporated. The drone program isn’t justice, it’s White House directed vigilantism, it’s fascism disguised as the war on terror.
What’s nearly as disturbing as this total lack of regard for our right of due process, is the lack of protest from our media, or seemingly any liberal for that matter. We should be as outraged over this as we were over the transgressions perpetrated by the Bush Administration. There was a lot of back lash over the imprisonment and torture of people who were deemed as threats to national security under Bush’s watch: Why is Obama seemingly getting a pass on this policy, which is tantamount to scenarios straight out of a Judge Dredd comic? When will this country have a government that actually works for and with the people?
What we have, and have had all along, is a government that works above the people. It’s always been that way, and it will always be that way. The fact that our president can play judge, jury, and executioner when ever he wants, Constitution be damned, is more than enough proof that we don’t matter. All that matters is profit and power. If you get in the way of that, be prepared to get a drone up your ass, with no questions asked.
Does Republican rhetoric get under your skin the way it does mine? Of course it does! Thanks to Stephen D. Foster Jr. over at Addicting Info, we now have 100 talking points that are sure to irritate just about any conservative hate monger!
Without further adieu I share with you
100 Things You Can Say To Irritate A Republican.
Stephen D. Foster Jr.
1. A Socialist wrote the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Jesus healed the sick and helped the poor, for free.
3. Joseph McCarthy was an un-American, witch hunting sissy.
4. Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee were traitors.
5. The South lost the Civil War, get over it.
6. The Founding Fathers were liberals.
7. Fascism is a right-wing trait.
8. Sarah Palin is an idiot.
9. The Earth is round.
10. Reagan raised taxes eleven times as President.
11. Reagan legalized abortion as Governor of California.
12. Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency.
13. Ronald Reagan supported gun control.
14. Global warming is real.
15. Republicans hate illegal immigrants, unless they need their lawns mowed or their houses cleaned.16. The military is a government-run institution, so why do Republicans approve the defense budget?
17. The Cold War is over and the Soviet Union no longer exists.
18. Paying taxes is patriotic.
19. Republicans: Peddling the same failed economic policies since 1880.
20. The Republican Party began as a liberal party.
21. The Presidents’ full name is Barack Hussein Obama and he was born in the United States of America.
22. George W. Bush held hands with the King of Saudi Arabia.
23. President Obama saved the American auto industry, while Republicans wanted to destroy it.
24. Hate is not a Christian virtue.
25. Jesus was a liberal.
26. Republicans spend MORE money than Democrats.
27. Tea parties are for little girls.
28. Public schools educate all children; private schools are for indoctrinating children.
29. The Constitution is the law, NOT the Bible.
30. Sharia law doesn’t exist in America.
31. The President is NOT a Muslim.
32. Corporations are NOT people. People are people.
33. Fox News isn’t real news, it’s just a racist, sexist, hateful, right-wing propaganda machine.
34. The Federal Reserve was a Republican idea.
35. Women are equal citizens who deserve equal rights.
36. Women control their own bodies.
37. Abortion is a relevant medical procedure, just ask Rick Santorum.
38. Please use spell-check.
39. It’s “pundit”, not “pundint”.
40. Social Security is solvent through 2038.
41. Health care is a right, not a product.
42. Roe v. Wade was a bipartisan ruling made by a conservative leaning Supreme Court.
43. G.O.P also stands for Gross Old Perverts.
44. The donkey shouldn’t be the Democratic mascot because Republicans are the real jackasses.
45. Barack Obama ordered the killing of Osama Bin Laden. It took him two and half years to do what Bush couldn’t do in eight.
46. Waterboarding IS torture.
47. 9/11 happened on George W. Bush’s watch, therefore he did NOT keep America safe.
48. Republicans invaded Iraq for oil, so Iraq should be allowed to invade Texas to get it back.
49. Separation of church and state is in the Constitution, it’s called the First Amendment.
50. Muslims are protected by the Constitution, just as much as Christians.
51. Barack Obama is the first African-American President, get over it.
52. The Oval Office is NOT a “whites only” office.
53. America is a nation of immigrants, therefore we are all anchor babies.
54. The white race isn’t disappearing, it’s evolving.
55. God is a particle.
56. Evolution is real.
57. The Earth is 4.54 billion years old, not 6,000.
58. The Founding Fathers did not free the slaves.
59. The Revolution was NOT fought over slavery.
60. Paul Revere warned the Americans, NOT the British.
61. Federal law trumps state law.
62. The Civil War was about slavery, NOT state’s rights.
63. Corporations care more about profits than they do about people.
64. Getting out of a recession requires government spending.
65. Glenn Beck is a nut-job.
66. Republicans: Paranoid since 1932.
67. Republicans don’t want to pay for your birth control, but they want you to pay for their Viagra.
68. Republicans actually NEED Viagra.
69. Fox News is owned by an Australian and has a Saudi prince as an investor.
70. Republicans complain about immigrants taking American jobs, then freely give American jobs to foreigners overseas.
71. Republicans hate communism, so why do they refer to themselves as red states?
72. Labor unions built this country.
73. Republicans hold America hostage as a political strategy; the temper tantrum throwing kind of political strategy.
74. Jesus was a Jew, not a Christian.
75. When Republicans see black, they attack.
76. Inside every Republican is a Klansman or a Nazi waiting to bloom.
77. Republicans only care about children BEFORE they are born.
78. Republicans are hypocrites, they’re just too stupid to know it.
79. The Christian-Right boycotts movies that have violence, and then promotes guns and insurrection.
80. I think therefore I am NOT a Republican.
81. Republicans that oppose gay marriage are most likely in the closet themselves.
82. Churches should stay out of politics, or be taxed.
83. People are too poor to vote Republican.
84. Democrats think for themselves, Republicans form think tanks to do it for them.
85. Republicans hate education because they couldn’t hack it in school.
86. Greed is one of the seven deadly sins and Republicans wallow in it.
87. A little socialism on the Left is better than a little fascism on the Right.
88. The current corporate tax rate is the lowest in 60 years, so stop whining about it being too high.
89. Republicans: Anti-Gay Marriage, Pro-Lesbian sex.
90. Republicans: Terrorizing the American people since 1981.
91. Republicans have their own terrorists, just look up Timothy McVeigh.
92. Republicans love outsourcing, just ask the Chinese Communists.
93. The Republican answer to the oil spill was to apologize to BP, a foreign oil company.
94. Democrats will be working hard to bring jobs to Americans, while the Republicans tea bag each other in the middle of the aisles.
95. Voter disenfranchisement is immoral and un-American, that’s why Republicans do it.
96. Republicans would let your house burn down unless you pay them to put it out.
97. Democrats want to take care of the sick. Republicans take their credit cards and then deny them medical attention.
98. Republicans say teachers are union thugs, then proceed to rape and mug the entire middle class on behalf of corporations.
99. Republicans think rape isn’t a crime, but miscarriages are.
100. Republicans are idiots and arguing with them is a waste of time!
- What is a Republican? (thesexypolitico.wordpress.com)
- Courtesy of Addicting Info (billydelawder.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Believe the Republican Hype (revolutioninmedia.wordpress.com)
- The Corporate Feast: When you’re feeling pissed on, they’d like you thinking it’s really money raining down. (apocalypseknow.wordpress.com)
The Pick Your Topic Tuesday shout out this week goes to Spinny Liberal, with her topic “Who in the Democratic Party needs to borrow Nancy Pelosi’s balls?” If you haven’t checked out Spinny Liberal yet, please do. Spinny comments on current events and the political scene with a zeal and biting sense of humor that makes my blog seem dry as a popcorn fart. She’s doing a great job in her corner of the blogosphere, and she’s a hell of a lot of fun to read!
Without further adieu, I give you:
Who in The Democratic Party Needs to Borrow Nancy Pelosi’s Balls?
When it comes to courage and determination in politics, it’s hard to top Democratic congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. She was first recognized as a mover and a shaker when she organized the House Democrats to push back against George W. Bush when he mandated the privatization of Social Security. Under Pelosi’s leadership, the Democratic minority formed a united front and managed to defeat the bill. She has shown to be a leader who stands behind her convictions; as the first woman speaker of the house, she stood against her party when her peers clamored for the impeachment of Bush. She has stood up to Republicans and Democrats, as well as two presidents and several world leaders. Over the years, she has proven to be a more than capable leader with cajones the size of Volkswagons. When it comes to Democrats, there are many of them who could stand to learn from Pelosi’s in your face never back down style.
Who in the Democratic Party could stand to borrow some of Pelosi’s balls? It would be easier to identify who doesn’t need to grow a pair. There is Gabrielle Giffords, who not only survived a shot to the head at point blank range, but has recovered enough to venture out into public to witness her husband’s shuttle launching. There is also the Wisconsin 14, the group of state legislators who went on the lamb to Chicago in response to Governor Scott Walker’s union busting bill. Despite Walker’s public rants and threats, the 14 remained strong, and forced Walker to conduct the vote in what was apparently an illegal manner. I suppose I should add Anthony Weiner to this list as well. He has not only called out Republican chicanery on the house floor; he has also physically proven he has a huge pair of gonads on Twitter.
So are these the only Democrats who have the ability to show some gumption? Well, yes. I have always believed that the Republicans have more balls than brains, and the Democrats have more brains than balls. In most cases, this has rung true, particularly after the 2008 elections.
After the 2008 elections, we had them. We had them right where we wanted them. The Democrats had the White House, the House, and the Senate. The country was a mess, and anti-conservatism was high. The wrongs of the Bush era could have been fixed, and our country could have been put on the right track again. They could have let the Patriot Act die. They could have restored our pre-Bush civil liberties. They could have removed our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. They could have closed Gitmo. They could have ended tax subsidies to big oil, and allowed the Bush tax cuts to the rich die on the vine. They could have repealed DOMA, and federally legalized same sex marriage. They could have done ANYTHING. They didn’t. Instead, there was tough talk from Obama and hand wringing from congress. Fear won out over conviction. The Democrats were so afraid of conservative reprisal, that instead of progress, we got stagnation. In the end, most of them were ousted anyway, thanks to the Tea Baggers. The majority went out with a whimper, and the conservatives came in with a bang. Now, we’re no better off than we were under Bush. In fact we’re worse. The 2010 edition of the conservative wave is more brash, more repressive, and more insane than ever. The Democratic Party including Obama, fucked up by allowing the big bad Republicans to smell fear. As a result, this country has become even more fascist and theocratic than ever before.
The Democratic voting base needs to grow a pair as well; we bitch about the Rethuglicans and Tea Bagger Terrorists, but when it comes time to talk with our votes, we perform a massive no show. We allow the conservatives to take charge, because we simply do not turn out to the polls the way they do. We need to mobilize, register correctly, and get our asses to the booths to make our voices be heard. We need to hold our elected leaders accountable. We need to make them understand that we put ourselves out on a limb to put them in a position to lead, and that they damn well better represent us, not their own selfish interests.
There’s a lot of criticism and ridicule of Nancy Pelosi, from Republicans and Democrats alike. The truth is, we need her. Right or wrong, she attacks an issue like no other Democrat is willing to do. She stands behind her convictions, and she lets the world know that she is not going to put up with anybody’s shit. She fought her way through the political men’s club to become second in line to the presidency behind the vice president, and though she may have been replaced as speaker of the house by Republican John Boehner, her voice is as strong as ever.
As the Republicans continue to shoot themselves in the foot leading up to the 2012 elections, the prospect of a new Democratic majority in the house seems to be very real. I can only hope that the new wave of liberal leaders that may come in will have the balls that Nancy Pelosi already has. Otherwise, it will be business as usual on Capitol Hill, and our country will continue to step into even deeper piles of shit.
- Bob Scheiffer catches Nancy Pelosi “Spinning” (ferrellgummit.wordpress.com)
- First Democrat in Congress demands Weiner resign (msnbc.msn.com)
- Nancy Pelosi calls for Anthony Weiner ethics inquiry (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- First Democrat in Congress demands Weiner resign (msnbc.msn.com)
- Did you get this message from Nancy Pelosi last night? (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
Now here is a conspiracy theory that may gain some serious traction: The Bush administration concocted 9-11 in order to mobilize our country to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq. Meanwhile Osama Bin Laden was laid up in an American hospital in Dubai, suffering from Marfan’s Syndrome, a debilitating disease affecting connective tissue. The theory further alleges that he died shortly after the 9-11 attacks.
Who would tout such a crack pot theory? Would you believe that it’s the former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, Dr. Steven R Pieczenik?
Dr. Pieczenik served under every President from Nixon to George W Bush. He currently works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. He has developed techniques for psychological warfare and counter terrorism, and was the model for Tom Clancy’s character, Jack Ryan.
Dr. Pieczenik implicates Bush, Cheney, and Condoleeza Rice, as well as other high ranking officials in the conspiracy. He further claims that President Obama faked the Seal operation in order to boost approval ratings.
Dr. Pieczenik claims that he know’s the General who ordered the “Red flag” operation of 9-11, and that he is willing to testify in Federal court. His motivation to come forward now is that he is tired of the lies propagated by the Government to the American people.
What do you think? For me, I think it’s plausible, and merits further investigation; it’s no secret that I believe the government is not to be trusted, no matter what party is in charge. Furthermore, I have always had my doubts about who is ultimately responsible for that horrific day that completely changed the world we live in.
Take a look at the article and decide for yourself. I’m not ready to discount his allegations just yet.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- Media Attack Deathers (merovee.wordpress.com)
- CFR Dr. Steve Pieczenik ? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Now Enter Alex Jones (stevebeckow.com)
- Top Government Insider: Bin Laden Died In 2001, 9/11 A False Flag (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Conspiracy Theories Run Amok: ‘No, It Was Clearly Not bin Laden’ (jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com)
- “The strange death of Osama bin Laden: Why the conspiracy theories matter” and related posts (nalert.blogspot.com)
- American Patriot Dr. Steve Pieczenik Says The War On Terror Is A Fraud, And Bin Laden Died Long Before May 1st, 2011 (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
In a recent CNN poll, Billionaire Donald Trump came out on top of a long list of GOP presidential candidates, according to Mother Jones. However, MOJO raises the question, will the GOP forgive Trump for his liberal transgressions?
Trump has a history of donating to Democratic candidates: He has donated to the campaigns of Dems Charlie Rangel (NY), Frank Lautenberg (NJ), Harry Reid (NEV), as well as Senators Kirsten Gillibrand and Chuck Shumer of New York.
In the last 20 years, these 6 Democrats were in Trump’s top ten list of campaign contributions. Furthermore, Trump has given money to the late Ted Kennedy. He’s also given money to John Kerry in his 2004 run for the presidency, as well as contributing money to the coffers of Joe Biden!
In fairness, he has given money to the GOP; he has contributed to Rudy Guiliani, George W. Bush, and Newt Gingrich. Although, in the case of Gingrich, Trump was probably a victim of one of Gingrich’s many scams.
Incidentally, of $420,000 that Trump has given to political action committees, $116,000 of that went to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. The Donald does like to keep his bases covered, I must say.
Trump likes to change his mind as much on social views as he does with his money; Trump currently opposes same sex marriage and benefits, but in his last presidential run in 1999,he supported same sex marriage, as well as calling for stronger protection of LGBT rights. He further stated back then, that he would include those of same sex orientation in his cabinet if elected. One could say that Trump has more waffles in his ideology than IHOP.
So will the GOP support a candidate who sits on both sides of the fence? I don’t think they will, in spite of the ultra-conservative rhetoric Trump spews forth. Trump is not in this fight for the country, nor is he in it for the GOP. Trump is considering a 2012 run for one reason: Donald Trump.
Trump plans to announce his presidential intentions on the season finale of his reality game show “The Apprentice.” Tying his political ambitions to a ratings grab for his loathsome show is proof that his political idiom is “In Trump I Trust.”
I would think that even the short – sighted Republicans/Tea-Baggers can see through that smoke screen. Then again, they do value greed and self serving agendas over everything else!
- Donald Trump on Possible White House Run: The Country Needs Me! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Trump plays down Romney’s business credentials (sfgate.com)
- Another Poll Finds Donald Trump To Be GOP Frontrunner (huffingtonpost.com)
Some good stuff from Bruce Lindner,who is a contributor to the Huffington Post.
1) You’re offended at any suggestion that the Tea Party is racist, even though nobody objects when people show up at your rallies with blatantly racist signs and slogans.
2) Ronald Reagan is your hero because he was against raising taxes and big government… even though he raised taxes 11 times, doubled the national debt, and tripled the size of government.
3) You mocked Nancy Pelosi for getting emotional when she reflected on the murder of her friend, Mayor George Mosconi, but you think it’s manly when John Boehner blubbers when he watches reruns of Flipper.
4) You were all in favor of George Bush bringing “Democracy” to Iraq by invading and killing hundreds of thousands of women and children, but you think Obama “blew it” by staying out of it when the people of Tunisia and Egypt toppled their dictators in popular revolts.
5) You think Climate Change is a big hoax because Senator James Inhofe, firmly in the pocket of the oil companies says it’s bogus.
6) You think president Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery, and that he managed to fool the CIA, FBI, NSA, Secret Service and the entire US government archive of documents with one Photoshopped image.
7) You think president Obama is a socialist, because he wants all Americans to pay their share of taxes, including the rich, and all Americans to enjoy the same benefits of an equitable society, including the same healthcare that Congress enjoys.
8- You think Glenn Beck‘s theory of a Code Pink/Muslim/Communist alliance conspiracy to take over the world in a 21st Century caliphate makes perfect sense.
9) You believe the Citizens United decision was all about corporate “free speech,” yet you’re against the Fairness Doctrine being reenacted, because you think it’s contrary to “free speech.”
10) You are absolutely pro-life, under all circumstances — except when an abortion doctor is executed in his church, because he asked for it.
12) You think Sarah Palin would make a good president because she’s a feisty conservative, but that Diane Feinstein should be run out of town, because she’s a feisty liberal.
13) You think George Soros, a Hungarian born American citizen, is an enemy of freedom because he uses his vast wealth to meddle in foreign affairs. But you think it’s great that Australian-born Rupert Murdoch uses his vast wealth to meddle in American affairs.
14) The main reason you despise George Soros, is because he helped bring down three foreign governments; the Ukraine, Czechoslovakia, and Soviet Georgia. Three communist regimes. Ronald Reagan on the other hand, took down one communist regime: Grenada… Reagan: 1, Soros: 3. Ergo, Soros is an un-American commie. Besides, Sean Hannity said so.
15) You think being a Teabagger makes you more patriotic than liberals, because you own more guns than them wussies.
16) You screamed bloody murder when president Obama rescued GM and Chrysler, because they were “going to fail anyway.” But now that they’re both on the road to recovery, you think George W. Bush deserves most of the credit.
17) When Barack Obama was sworn in, the Dow Jones was at 6500. Today, it’s at 12,400, almost double where it was. And at that time, the economy was shedding 700,000 jobs per month, a trend that has been arrested and reversed ever since. From that, you deduce Obama’s the one who wrecked the economy.
18) You still believe Saddam had WMDs.
19) You are dead-set against “judicial activist” judges, but you were okay with it when the five conservative justices of the Supreme Court voted in favor of Citizens United, effectively guaranteeing our politicians will be bought by the highest bidder, rather than elected by the people.
20) You’re strongly opposed to gay rights, because you claim it’s not biblical. Except in the case of Ken Mehlman, Mary Cheney, and Ted Haggard, because they still vote “right” on the issues.
21) You want all illegal immigrants rounded up and deported, ASAP, no exceptions, period, period, PERIOD. But you don’t want any criminal charges filed against the corporations that have been hiring them en masse in violation of law.
22) One of your stated concerns with Barack Obama’s candidacy, was that he was too inexperienced for the job, yet you want Sarah Palin to challenge him next year.
23) You hate tax cheats, and people who abuse their status for personal advancement — but you admire Clarence Thomas, and have no problem with his wife “speaking on behalf of her husband” at the Heritage Foundation, a far right-wing organization.
24) You went ballistic when an illegal immigrant murdered an American in Texas two years ago, and you demanded justice. But when three members connected to the Tea Party murdered 9 year old Brisenia Flores, you and your right-wing media barely even mentioned it, nor the conviction.
25) You equate being a “community organizer” to being a Marxist, yet you claim to worship a God whose entire life was being a community organizer.
26) You claim Barack Obama is soft of terrorism and that he’s sympathetic to Muslim extremists. Yet during his first two years in office, his administration captured or killed more terrorists than George Bush did in all eight years of his presidency.
27) You cheered as Andrew Breitbart and his faux journalists brought down ACORN. But when Breitbart got caught doctoring footage of Shirley Sherrod, which brought into question his veracity, you accused her of waging a “race war.”
28) You support Israel’s policies regarding the West Bank and Gaza, because Israel is a democracy, like us. But when Arabs democratically voted in anti-American and anti-Israeli governments, it bewildered you.
29) Your spiritual hero, the Grande Dame of the conservative movement, is Ayn Rand; the dedicated anti-socialist. And yet, she herself in her later years, had no problem secretly cashing in on social security and Medicare.
30) You still think fascism and socialism are basically the same thing, because Glenn Beck has convinced you of that with his magic blackboard. And because of this twisting of history, you don’t think anybody can accuse you of being ideologically aligned with the Nazis… even though you are.
Would you buy a used bible from this man? The Governor of Alabama only recognizes christians as his constituents
While addressing members of the Dexter Avenue King Memorial Church in Birmingham after his inauguration, he stated “Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I’m telling you, you’re not my brother and you’re not my sister, and I want to be your brother.” This of course brought down a shit storm of concern from several civil rights groups including the Anti-Defamation League as to exactly how impartial a governor Bentley would be.
Bentley is just another in a long list of conservative christians who have no idea what the First Amendment is all about. The crux of the amendment is this; the government does not dictate what any church does and no church is to interfere with what the government does. In spite of this, it seems that every conservative leader today professes to base their decisions on christian doctrine and the bible. Just ask George W. Bush; he made several decisions during his administration because of his christian roots. He spoke out against same sex marriage. He opposed stem cell research. He is a firm opponent of pro-choice, and in a scene straight from the Old Testament, he made the decision to invade Iraq based on a directive from god, who apparently had his own room in the White House.
When is this going to stop? Governments should be secular in practice, not just in theory. Yet our government continues to operate as if it were a theocracy. We can not legalize same sex marriage based on a groundswell of christian conservatives who seek to “preserve the sanctity of marriage as god intended.” Our leaders continue to thump their chests and proclaim that every decision they make is for god and country. Meanwhile every gun toting, bible quoting redneck in the country continues to menace those who don’t think and act like them by issuing rapidly escalating threats of violence through their riot inducing hate rhetoric. Yes Empress Palin and your merry band of tea-baggers, I’m talking about you.
I thank god every morning that I’m an atheist. I’m also ecstatic that I’m not Robert Bentley’s brother. I can’t picture myself in a family tree in which god is the patriarch. I would much rather make my decisions based on reason, not a book that was written by a bunch of misogynistic bigoted sheep herders who had the bright idea that they could control the masses with an invisible sky wizard.
One more thing; why does spell check insist on fucking capitalizing the words christian and god? With their track record, the words do not deserve capitalization nor respect.