And what has Willard Romney accomplished? Anyone? Anyone? That’s what I thought: Nothing, Nada, Nil, Zero, Goose Egg, Etc, Etc.
Here is yet another reason why the DNC has made the RNC look like a remake of the movie “Dumb And Dumber.” Great job Nancy!
A tip of the tinfoil hat to The Other 98% for sharing this. It would be nice to have a party of which corporations are not their most important constituents. Radical right or moderate right really isn’t much of a choice.
This is just epic. Fucking hilarious too
A tip of the tinfoil hat to Yahoo News.
I’ll take a former pot smoking b-baller over a homophobic, elitist bully any day. The bitch is that Romney hasn’t changed since prep school. Once a prick, always a prick.
The GOP is always bitching that we liberals are always taking their hate rhetoric out of context. Here’s are a few helpful examples to help us get to the real truth behind their messages
PETITION: Join over 1,000,000 strong telling Republicans to end their War on Women: http://dccc.org/war-on-women
- What a week … Robby Mook, dccc executive director (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Maddow: GOP has repeatedly failed to refute ‘war on women’ (rawstory.com)
- Out of Context: The Republican War on Caterpillars, Exposed! (trulyfairandbalanced.wordpress.com)
- Wily Republicans Insist Women Aren’t Getting Jobs Because of Obama [Politics] (jezebel.com)
- Maddow On The ‘War On Moms’: “A Huge Big Political Fight In Which Both Sides Agree’ (mediaite.com)
The bill to raise the debt ceiling has passed, and nobody is feeling very warm and fuzzy about it (understatement, yes I know). One of the least talked about aspects of this giant turd of a bill is the role Nancy Pelosi played in the house vote. Basically, she saved everyone’s ass, including Boehner and Obama.
When Boehner put the bill to a house vote, hours before the default deadline was to occur, he had no fucking idea if it would pass or not. He didn’t poll his fellow Republicans, he didn’t talk to Pelosi in order to get an idea of how many votes the bill would actually get from the Democrats. He placed a bet on a three legged horse, hoping against hope it would win by some miracle. Nancy Pelosi was that miracle.
When the vote took place, the Republicans went first; only 174 of them voted for the bill, a full 42 votes short of the 216 needed. Although Pelosi knew this bill was an enormous piece of shit, she also knew that there was no time to negotiate or amend the bill; U.S default was only hours away.
Pelosi understood the two options; A punch in the gut, or a knife to the throat. Pelosi chose the lesser of two evils, the punch in the gut. Without speaking a word, a simple glance in the direction of her party told them what was needed: Pass the bill. One by one, reluctant Democrats voted for the bill, and default was averted. Once again, Pelosi saves the day while Boehner takes the credit.
Let me make this clear; this bill sucks. It’s a satan sandwich, a shit sandwich, a turd, a stick in the eye, a royal fucking of the poor and middle class. The Teahadist win and the rest of us lose. Obama has proved once again that he has no gumption when it comes to negotiating with the Republican economic terrorists.
Under Pelosi’s leadership, the house Dems did what they had to do in order to make the situation go from worse to bad. She once again displayed that she is not only the balls of the party, but the brains as well. Now that this battle is over, she plans on taking the fight to the GOP over creating jobs , an issue that the Rethuglicans have no interest in. My money is on her.
Pelosi, should be in charge of this country, not Obama. We would be better off if she was.
A hell of a lot better.
- Nancy Pelosi on the nihilist GOP: Her plan to fight back against the Republicans. (slate.com)
- Nancy Pelosi Rips House Speaker John Boehner on ‘Perfectly Absurd’ Debt Bill: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Nancy Pelosi to members: vote your conscience (sfgate.com)
- Tea Party hands the reins to Nancy Pelosi (sfgate.com)
- Nancy Pelosi: ‘You Won’t See A Repetition Of Last Week’ With Government Funding (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pelosi: New Plan Needed On Debt (huffingtonpost.com)
- White House said Nancy Pelosi won key concessions on debt deal (sfgate.com)