Those damn tyrannical, liberty stealing deer acting as Obama’s minions! We simply must organize our militias, and crush these horned seditionists with our Walmart semi automatic weapons!
A Real Ice Breaker: The Military is Preparing For The Effects of Global Warming in The Arctic Circle.
As the debate over global warming in political, economic, and scientific circles rages on, there is one rather sizable faction that is convinced that climate change is a certainty: The military. As the polar ice cap continues to melt, military exercises involving many arctic circle countries are already taking place. Just last month, Norway conducted one of the largest military exercises ever, involving 16,300 troops from 14 countries. This exercise, named “Exercise Cold Response,” was used for training in everything ranging from extreme cold weather warfare to fighting terrorism. Two months ago, the U.S, Canada, and Denmark held similar exercises. In addition, military leaders of the U.S, Canada, Russia, Iceland,Denmark, Sweden, and Finland will be meeting in May to discuss potential security issues in the Arctic region.
So why, in the face of the rapidly melting ice cap, is security an issue? Why else? Oil and natural gas. It is estimated that 13% of the world’s undiscovered oil, and 30% of the world’s untapped natural gas lies beneath all that melting ice. As shipping lanes open in the great white north, the exploitation of its resources will not be far behind. KA-CHING!
This is why the energy companies are trying to dispute global warming; they know damn good and well that there are a plethora of natural resources underneath all that ice. It’s in their best economic interest to continue to destroy the planet. The collective military powers around the arctic circle understand this, and are rapidly preparing for oil wars that will most certainly ensue in the decades to come.
Posted from my CrapBerry
“Like” Beneath The Tin Foil Hat on Facebook for stuff you won’t see on the blog, or follow me on Twitter: @Tinfoilhatman3
- As ice cap melts, militaries vie for Arctic edge (staradvertiser.com)
- World’s armies circle as Arctic warms to reveal untapped supplies of oil and gas (worldnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- Militaries scramble for supremacy in melting Arctic (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Militaries vie for Arctic edge as ice cap melts (csmonitor.com)
“I’ll get us that oil from Canada that we deserve.” -Mitt Romney on the Keystone Pipeline:
Better watch out Canada: If by some fluke Mr Mittens does get elected, we’re coming straight for you and all your beautiful oil. You’re our new number three on the axis of evil… With a bullet. First we’ll take your oil, then we’re coming after your breweries, and then we’ll be snatching all your beaver!
- Live-Slogging Mitt Romney’s Overdose of Smugness (slog.thestranger.com)
- TransCanada to re-apply for Keystone XL cross-border permit; proceeding with Cushing-to-Gulf portion as a discrete project with White House support (greencarcongress.com)
- All you need to know about TransCanada’s new plan for Keystone XL (grist.org)
- Tar Sands by Any Other Name (texasvox.org)